Things that grabbed my attention, made me think, broadened my outlook, or made me roll my eyes… Thought you might be interested too, if you haven’t seen them already.
- Fecundophobia: The Growing Fear of Children and Fertile Women http://thefederalist.com/2013/10/22/fecundophobia-growing-fear-children-fertile-women/
- Reading these stories is heartbreaking… and just realizing how many people are going to end up without any coverage at all has me wondering how the Church is preparing? Perhaps we should start some medical emergency funds so we can be able to help each other???
- FINALLY. I’ve always thought it was dangerous to call a 37 week pregnancy “full term” knowing full well that the dates can be off by as much as 2 weeks…
- An interesting look into the kinda shady financial dealings of a mega-church that’s local to us… Steven Furtick & Elevation Church http://www.wcnc.com/news/iteam/I-Team-How-a-pastor-paid-for-his-multi-million-dollar-home-228870731.html
I also enjoyed Elizabeth Esther’s thoughts on this story…
- Yup. That’s me. Just another ol’ education hater… http://themattwalshblog.com/2013/10/23/we-are-going-to-home-school-our-kids-but-thats-only-because-we-hate-education/
- A great article over at Christianity Today about children in worship…
And finally, this week over at The 2:1 Conference’s blog, I shared a post that was a little more personal that I tend to get… but it weighed heavy on my heart, so I shared it anyway…
- Letting Go of the Fear of Humiliation http://www.2to1conference.com/2013/letting-go-fear-humiliation/
Be sure to share you thoughts on any of these topics below in the comments section.
Hope you’ve all had a wonderful week and will enjoy a blessed weekend! <><